Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cloud Atlas

Part of my new regime is to do nice things for myself and to not start fights with fence-proud neighbours, Old Salt or police sergeants. My plan is to follow 'The Artist's Way' advice of taking time out each week for an 'artist's date' with myself. So last week after the markets, I packed my almond halva, a bottle of water and 'The Cloud Atlas' and went down to the sea shore.


On one of these amazing winter's days, I lay on soft green moss over granite, actually dry due to the sunshine, read my book and gorged myself on halva 'til my liver packed it in and I just had to fall asleep ...

... I was woken by digger, who'd managed to find a dead squid, it's tentacles dangling from his chops as he eyed me, trying to hide the whole disgusting thing in his mouth so I wouldn't make him drop it. Sneaky bugger. He was covered in white streaks of pelican poo too. Having a ball.

2 comments:

  1. That made me chuckle. Such a character that dog.

    I think it is a great idea ST......it really does help to do things like that for yourself. Makes coping with the rest of life just a bit easier.

    I have been reading a few pages of inspirational literature every night before I go to sleep. I was really pissed off last night that my stupid head wouldn't stop going back to thoughts of work, so much so that I couldn't concentrate on it, but that is rare.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara,
    please subscribe to Shades of Grey to get email when I post. I'm going underground soon. Thanks for being my blogger friend.
    ~L

    ReplyDelete