Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Song to Sing and Bastardy




Most Australians who are into their music have heard of Archie Roach's recent personal tragedies and how he has risen again to produce the album Into the Bloodstream. I played it on my way home today and the above track made me grin my head off at the roundabout, narrowly missing the roadtrain in my peripheral vision. Song to Sing has the redemptive qualities of good old fashioned American gospel. And then there is Jack Charles who stars in the clip. Oh my ... to see bits of this man's chequered life and work in the form of the documentary Bastardy, have a look here:




4 comments:

  1. I'd like to see that film. I have a friend who looks a lot like him, but he is 1/2 Jamaican and 1/2 Indian. It's a good look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the same story, a world over Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Song to Sing, Sarah. Made my morning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, as I said, it made me very happy too!

    ReplyDelete