Friday, September 6, 2019

A beach tomorrow perhaps


               The inlet this morning ... tannin stained water from the rush down of the rivers. Waves have been smashing into the bush the last few days with all this wild weather.


This morning in the gloaming I heard the son of the man-who-was-sucked-out-to-sea put his boat in just down from my place. His father was cutting the sand bar to let the inlet out to sea, when the inlet collected him up like a cuttle bone and took the old man with it. Waves crashing in from the sea ... his boat went through the second wave and he was never seen again.




And now the inlet is about to blow its banks again and he is the old man's son, heading out to the bar. I have a feeling there may be a brand new beach in the morning.



This is my guardian tree, or what Holly calls the mammary tree. She guards my gate, the warty old lady.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. What a gorgeous day it is on the south coast. Hope they don't open our inlet - this late in the year it will most likely mess up the surf for most of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks quite apocalyptic to me.

    ReplyDelete