Monday, January 27, 2020

Gracias #2

Another thank you post ...

I've been loving podcasts ever since my radio reception died. Believe me, living out of range with no electricity has its limitations when it comes to entertainment. So I download podcasts when I'm in town and listen to them in the evenings. I started off with true crime stuff but found it wasn't terribly good for my dreams duh. Here are some of my faves.


Emergence began as an online publication with really classy graphics and wonderful stories. Their podcasts tend to be about their rocker - culture, spirituality and ecology. A great mix for the soul.


Wrong Skin is an Australian production set in a small Aboriginal community in the North West, about a pair of young lovers who married 'wrong way'. It's considered a serious crime in traditional communities, with complex kinship systems. This modern day Montague and Capulet couple disappeared, not to be found again.

Myths and Legends gives a pretty good retelling of myths from all around the world. Quirky, funny and faintly ludicrous is how I'd describe them.

3 comments:

  1. Nice. I listen to Richard Fidler's podcasts on the ABC on my drive home from work. I miss the first half, but they are great as I am exposed to topics and opinions I wouldn't normally put aside time for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His is just THE BEST. Other people's lives ... He's a brilliant interviewer and Doug Anthony Allstar to boot.

      Delete
    2. Yes, he is great to listen to. I didn't know that about him though makes sense. He is a bit of an extrovert I think.

      Delete