Friday, June 28, 2013

The Salt Story Pictures

 

I've written the book and now I've gathered together all the photographs of the south coast fisher men and women with whom I've worked over the last five years. In between moments of parenting, writing a thesis, editing my book, attempting to build a bush shack verandah, teaching and that thing called basic life maintenance, I've built a website to store these images. (Phrew!) Thank goodness I'm not also a deckie right now because that work tends to be all consuming but, as a friend said to me today, I will always be a fisherwoman.
Always.
Here is the link to pictures:  Salt Story: of sea-dogs and fisherwomen. and there will be a permanent (like forever and ever or as long as my WineDark love with blogger lasts) link on A WineDark Sea's sidebar.







4 comments:

  1. Nice tribute to blokes who know what hard work is like. People who actually do something - like feed us. I've been amazed in Italy to realise thay they are still a nation of (peasant)farmers. Every person in every village is connected to producing food at some level - small scale backyard plots or cropping the vast acres of the Northern plains. I get that better now as a result of this experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the more reason to go in to bat for them Mr Hat.

      Delete
  2. Could you get the string of saliva over the dog's snout digitally removed for me before publication? I have a thing about snotty dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry Tom. I seem to remember you objecting to the snotty snout last time I posted that picture about three years ago. Will try to do better next time.

      Delete