Saturday, December 26, 2020

The Dogs are in the Senate

 

Christmas night was spent on the beach just down from my house, with way too many dogs who worked their political hustles like pros in the senate. Dog politics, whoo boy. Sister set up the gazebo with fairy lights, Dad and I ambled around the beach looking for driftwood. Someone managed a potato bake. Someone else organised a salad and I roasted a chook with the plastic blood bag intact beneath it on the tray. When realising what I'd done, I watched everyone closely but no adverse reactions. The chook was splendid and so, with full bellies and dodgey director chairs thrown on the fire lest there be a worse incident, we whiled away the night. It was windy and quite chilly for a Christmas Day but this is the south coast we are talking about here.



Happy Christmas Bloggers! I hope you've had a few lovely days, whether it be with family, your friends or lying in bed reading a book. XXX Sarah Toa

7 comments:

  1. We did something very similar, but in a park with no fire. Happy Christmas to you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something to be said for gratitude ... without being all moralistic etc. It's been a bin fire, 2020, and I'm so glad to have my fam around me.

      Delete
    2. Yes. Sometimes I find it difficult not to wallow in my comparative good fortune. The other day I drove past someone who was repairing an old stone wall and found myself actually envying him. Things change.

      Delete
  2. Great way to spend Xmas day - and suitably feral, including burning deck chairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chairs were only thrown on the fire after a safety induction. 'Is this one gonna break as soon as someone sits on it? Yep? Good. Let's burn it before it gets dark.' We run very safe feral ops around here, Seashell.

      Delete