Wednesday, April 4, 2012

'He's a Lazy Bastard Living in a Suit'


Perhaps Leonard Cohen's new album is proof that having a dodgy accountant/manager can be a beautiful thing for the rest of us in the world. Maybe crime does pay. On the other hand, perhaps he was always going to give us this album. Leonard Cohen's Old Ideas, I reckon, is one of the best Cohen collections ever.

I've just been on a huge rave about sex music and seduction's couches, Barry White and bicycles, beaches, nature and longing, but I deleted the lot. I simply cannot say anything better about Old Ideas than what Old Ideas says.
Der.
I'll shut up now. k?

3 comments:

  1. I too would not be where I am today without a dedicated group of female backing vocalists. Respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I used to be a friend of the original 'Susanne'. True. More respect?

    ReplyDelete